MV - Consume Skill Learning
A downloadable plugin
This is a small effect plugin that is heavily influenced by the blue magic systems in final fantasies 8 and 9, where your heroes learned new abilities by eating the enemies, rather than being hit by those skills like in other iterations.
This plugin allows a dev to tag specific skills as 'consume' skills. When an enemy is defeated by a skill with this tag, the actor will learn a skill from it (as noted from tags on the enemy).
In version 1.02 I have made it so that killing the enemy with the skill is optional, and you can now have a chance of failing to learn a skill from an enemy.
This is a fairly simple plugin, and has few configurable properties. The text shown in the battle log for when a skill is learned, already known, or when an enemy has no skill to learn is configurable.
- Placed on skills only
- When an enemy is defeated by a skill with this tag, their blue magic skill is learned by the actor who dealt the finishing blow.
<Consumed Skill: x y%>
- Placed on enemies only
- When the enemy is killed by a consume skill, this is the skill id that is learned by the actor who dealt the finishing blow.
- If the y% value is not included in the tag, this will always succeed, otherwise a random number check is performed against y% to determine if a skill could be learned.
One of three configurable messages is shown in the battle log when an enemy is defeated by a consume skill:
- A new skill is learned by the actor
- The actor already know the skill from this enemy
- The enemy had no skill to learn in this way
In all of these messages, several escape characters can be used to customize the message:
- %u is a stand-in for the user
- %t is a stand-in for the enemy
- %s is a stand-in for the skill name
This plugin requires Yanfly's SkillCore plugin to function, as well as it's dependencies.
- You may use this plugin in free or commercial games
- You may use this plugin in as many projects as you like.
- You may not share this plugin, or modified versions of it, with anyone else.
- You may modify this original script for personal use only.
- You may only share edits to this plugin in the form of extensions to it, such that anyone using them must also own this plugin for them to function.
- You must also abide by the restrictions of all dependency plugins
This plugin was previously released for free on the RPGMakerweb.com forums, and is now available on itch.io for free as well. The latest version of this plugin will always be found on it's itch.io page.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Version 1.02Sep 09, 2020
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.